Wednesday, March 7, 2012

WIP Wednesday {3.7.2012}

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I know I know, I say the same thing every week, but seriously?  Wednesday already?  Where exactly do the days go exactly?  I haven't quite figured it out just yet.  Any who...here's whats been going on in the sewing room:

New Projects

 DSC04472

This quilt top came together super quickly on Saturday night and is a commissioned quilt for a friend.  She requested "boy" fabrics, and I don't know how much more "boy" I could have gotten with these fabrics!  It's in need of basting and quilting, but I should be finishing this little guy up soon.

Sewing Room/Fabric Organization


You can read more about my DIY ironing board/scrap storage project here.  Needless to say, I can't believe it took me two years to put something together like this!  

DSC04481

I've also been slowly but surely turning my curret hot mess of fabric storage into these super pretty neat stacks using Jeni's tutorial.  Seriously love.  Like I sometimes just go downstairs to look at those pretty stacks of fabric now :-)

In Progress

Japanese x and + blocks

Japanese x and + love

These little guys have been hanging out on my design wall this week, just making me smile.  These are the extra blocks I will need to complete my do. Good Stitches quilt for March, and I just couldn't resist whipping them up ahead of time.  

What's on your sewing agenda lately?  Be sure to head over to Freshly Pieced and add your WIP!!



14 comments:

  1. That baby quilt is adorable!!! And those x blocks rock :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I just love it all! Your storage/ironing board is genius!! But those x and + blocks are INCREDIBLE! Wow. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is just great, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great + and x blocks, and the boy quilt is lovely and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Baby Blocks quilt top turned out so cute! And of course I love your x and + blocks. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Baby blocks quilt. Love the X and + blocks,too. They're wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love those x and + blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your scrappy Japanese X blocks are wonderful! Love the variety of prints and colors. Well done! On my sewing agenda is free-motion quilting. I'm quilting a very large quilt, like 80 X 95, so I will keep busy with that for days. But I'm happy to do it, knowing it will be a lovely, finished, UFO. Yay for finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the boy quilt jess - it's gorgeously bright and gorgeously boyish :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The boy quilt is so great! Love the colours :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute baby quilt! I can see why the x and + quilt makes you smile - such vibrant fabrics will do that:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The boy quilt looks great, and love all those x and +s, so colourful!

    ReplyDelete