Tuesday, May 29, 2012

completed owl-y quilt

DSCN0526

Despite coming down with a dreaded spring head cold/sinus infection this past weekend that left me just sick, icky and exhausted, I managed to squeeze in a little quality sewing time, and finished up this adorable baby quilt.  I used Amy's Chain Linked pattern as my inspiration, and doctored the block size a little, to fit to a sweet little baby quilt.  

DSCN0528

I really love the geometric pattern with the aqua and white, and how it still features larger sized charms in a slightly different way.  As  I mentioned last time, this quilt was a commissioned baby quilt for my aunt who is gifting it to a co-worker.  She told me that the mom was doing the nursery with lots of "cute little owls" and I knew just the fabric.  I pulled out my remaining scraps of this Anne Kelle Urban Zoologie owl fabric, and paired it with a few coordinating prints in blues, greens and yellows, and a baby quilt was born.  

DSCN0527

Since my FMQ foot is still out of commission, and they are apparently back-ordered at the store (grumble...) I pulled out my old machine to do some fun loopy FMQing.  Man, it really made me appreciate my new machine all that much more!  I think I am starting to like these fun loops even more than stippling.  It was just enough fun an whimsy to go with those adorable owls.

DSCN0529

I hope the new mommy to be loves these owls as much as I do!

DSCN0533

Quilt Stats
Quilt Name:  Owl-y chain linked baby quilt
Quilt Pattern: based on Amy's Chain Linked Pattern
Quilt Size:  39" x 45"
Fabrics:  Anne Kelle Urban Zoologie Owls, Kona White, Kona Aqua, and assorted coordinating prints
Quilting:  Loopy all over FMQ done by me on my home machine




9 comments:

  1. Very cute! I have a daughter who loves owls...she would soo love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's adorable Jessica! I love your loopy FMQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out so well! Perfect for a modern baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute Jess...your quilting is always lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so cute!
    And I love your loops - very fun and perfect for this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the loops, the whole thing looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The aqua and white looks so fresh... like Aqua Fresh! Haha. Love it--great job, Jess!

    ReplyDelete