Saturday, June 12, 2010
It's finished! I absolutely love the way this turned out. It measures 76 inches x 67 inches, and is by far the largest quilt I've made! I think my arms were actually sore from moving this bad boy around while quilting.
It's so bright and just looks like it belongs on a beach somewhere! I don't know that I'll actually let anyone use it on the beach for fear of it getting ruined (haha) but I think I at least need to take it to the beach and get some pics of it at home on the sand.
Here's a pic of the back of the quilt. I used a few of the leftover blocks from the front and sashed them with some Kona Charcoal and then used a bright aqua for the rest of the back. The picture doesnt show it very well, but it shows off the stippling wonderfully!
I've determined that I really hate hand sewing the binding. I came across this tutorial from Rita at Red Pepper Quilts and have been using it to machine sew my binding on the last few quilting projects I've done. I think I've gotten progressively better on each quilt, and this time I didnt even have to go back and resew any parts of the binding! Its much quicker and much less of a pain in the butt than hand sewing, and I think it looks pretty good.
Just one more pic...
I'm not quite sure what to start next...stay tuned!