Friday, February 14, 2014

lovebug

Just wanted to pop in to say Happy Valentines Day!  Our Valentine's Days have become pretty low key, but this year we have our little love bug to share it with!

11
Photo taken by Melissa Helman Photography

Have I mentioned one of my favorite parts of having a little girl are all the fun clothes and accessories??  And making fun things, like legwarmers and tutus and headbands for her to wear?  Well in case I haven't, or in case you missed it, it definitely is!

When I realized that Nora's 3 month pictures would be taken just in time for February, I immediately decided she needed to have a tutu.  A nice fluffy bright pink one, and a headband to match.  Actually I had made the headband before she was ever born, but when I tried it on as a newborn, it was entirely too big and almost comical, but now 3 months later it seems to fit just right!

The tutu was incredibly easy with the guidance of Pinterest, I seriously wonder how the crafty part of me survived before Pinterest.  I can remember scouring the internet "for that one tutorial I saw, somewhere, a few weeks ago"...and ultimately never finding what I was looking for in the first place.

Anyways, I want to try my hand and sewing some clothes for her, but don't know the first place to start, if you have any suggestions for beginner friendly baby garment sewing, I'd love to hear about them!  In the meantime, have a Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

  1. I sew for kids all the time. Pick something simple. I like the Kwik Sew patterns because you get several sizes on nice thick paper. I trace off the size I need on to tissue paper. I make a lot of legging pants for my grand daughter and pajama pants for my grand son. Start with a simple dress. They are easy and you will love it. I found a really good pattern tutorial on-line for diaper covers. Just go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree - start with a simple dress. And don't be afraid of knits! They're awesome. Just use the right kind of needle (ballpoint) and polyester thread. Nora is indeed a sweet love bug. :)

    ReplyDelete