Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Candy Girl Tiered Dress

kelly-1
pictures in this post compliments of Dana Monticelli Photography

One of the things I had always planned on doing from the day Nora was born was making tons and tons of baby clothes and dresses for her.  Now that didn't exactly go as planned, as to date I have made exactly three dresses (including these two Geranium dresses), but when her first pictures were just around the corner I decided she HAD to wear a handmade dress by her momma.

kelly-8

I had purchased a bundle of patterns from Ginger Baby Patterns on Etsy a few months back and decided to make the Candy Girl Tiered Dress.  I just love the gathered elastic top detail and the ruffled gathered sleeves.  I was debating on a few fabric options and ultimately decided to cut into my Heather Ross Far Far Away bundle, because every little girl needs a pink unicorn dress in their life.

kelly-13

I just love the fabric flower detail, the dress is great on its own, but the center flower adds just the extra pop this dress needs.  I would highly recommend this pattern, it was a breeze to sew together, oodles of step by step pictures and no pattern pieces!  Everything is straight rectangular cuts of fabric, perfect for this quilter at heart.  It was also a quick sew.  I easily finished the dress in one nap time, having already prewashed my fabric ahead of time.

kelly-5

I'd say Nora is a fan!  I know I missed my window of prime dress wearing weather this year, but I fully intend on wearing this dress through the rest of the fall with a long sleeved onesie and leggings, and I don't think Nora would object.

kelly-6

If you have any toddler sewing tutorials, I'd love to hear about them!  I have my eye on the Little Pearl Dress that Sarah made for her little girl from the Liberty Love book I have on my shelf, now that Nora is big enough to wear the smallest size!

7 comments:

  1. What a darling dress. And your model is even cuter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little girl is completely adorable - the dress is so sweet on her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, she just keeps getting cuter and cuter!
    And the dress is adorable, beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a doll! I think she's a natural at modelling that beautiful dress

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress and Nora are absolutely beautiful! The photos are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a lovely dress! And the photos are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete