Monday, November 8, 2010

WIP mish-mosh

 All things Christmas seems to be my M.O lately!  I'm worried im going to suffer from "holiday burnout" before December!  I started a quick little project that will be a Christmas gift for a co-worker, similar to these, they will turn into reversible placemats.


The pattern for these was based on a pic I spied on Flickr made by Amy a la Mode.  I wanted the finished placemats to measure appx 12 inches x 18 inches, so I made the calculations for the fabric pieces myself.


This will be side one, and the backside will be Thanksgiving-y, using the second pictured placemat from Amy.


In other WIP news...October was my month in the simply strings bee, and I requested a spiderweb block using this tutorial and using solid blues, greens, yellows and grays.  I have just about all my blocks back, so I threw them up on the design wall to see what things look like...and TaDa!


I'm in love!  Everyone did such a great job with these blocks, I think what I am going to do is wait for my month in the solid bee so that I can have double the blocks to sew up a larger quilt.  I really could not be happier with how these blocks have turned out!


2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that is so fragmented looking, the spiderweb, I mean.......like looking through a kaleidoscope of pieces of broken glass !

    I really like it too !

    I don't think you'll burn out before Christmas.....it's way too close for that ! YOu're right on schedule, in my opinion !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* the spider webs!! Wow!! Your placemats are adorable. Very Christmassy.

    ReplyDelete