Monday, April 2, 2012

Bee block update

4x5 Bee quarter 1 hive 10 blocks

 I got down to business this weekend and finally tackled my bee blocks for my hivemates in the 4x5 bee.  I am usually much more on the ball, but these just seemed to keep getting set off to the side for other projects.  On aside, I cannot believe that after this next quarter, the 4x5 bee will have been in action for an entire year already! I believe signups for the second quarter have just started, so if you haven't joined in the fun yet, you definitely should :-)

  quarter 1 hive 10 test block

I fussed around with a few block designs, and ultimately settled on a mini version of Rachel's Wheel quilt pattern.  I shrunk the templates down to about 33% of the original, it worked out perfectly, leaving me just enough to trim my blocks down to 12 1/2" square.  

 quarter 1 hive 10 for Em@Sewingbymoonlight

This was a fun round, as everyone in my hive had different color requests, so I got to rummage through my scrap baskets for each block. 

quarter 1 hive 10 for Hambone & Jennicakes

quarter 1 hive 10 for PurpleMum

quarter 1 hive 10 for Sarah Oviatt

quarter 1 hive 10 for owlyjulie

I cannot say enough great things about this pattern, working with it in mini form has me itching to make the scrappy regular baby quilt size soon!



I will be linking up to sew modern monday today

6 comments:

  1. These are so great! I especially love the grey/yellow/aqua block. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your color combinations. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    Love the idea of shrinking down Rachel's pattern - so creative!
    I'm nearly finished with my baby quilt from her pattern - loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful :)

    Love for you to share it at my Linky Party if you get a chance :) - "Made by ME" Wednesdays here: http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/04/made-by-me-25-linky-party-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete