Monday, July 5, 2010

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!



I think this maybe ranking up there with my favorite favorite quilts I have made yet! (My husband says "but you say that about all of them") and yes, this is true, but I really mean it this time! I just love all the bright vibrant colors and the jungle print is too precious.



This quilt top pattern just kind of came to me. I knew I wanted to do something that was interspersed with big blocks of my main print fabric because the print is on a larger scale, and I'm really happy with the way this turned out. My blocks measure 9 3/4 inches X 9 3/4 inches (they were supposed to be 10 x 10, but I ended up trimming them back slightly, so the finished quilt will measure appx 50 x 50 inches.



I've started on the back, I think I'm going to piece together some solids (I'm thinking a bright blue and yellow) with a stripe of 8 inch strips of the prints featured on the front. Stay tuned, shouldn't be much longer!

While I was uploading pics of this quilt top I found these that I must have forgotten about:



I think this was the second quilt I made a few months back for a friends baby, and I was holding on to it until they had the baby and told everyone her name. Welcome baby Annabelle!



I embroidered Annabelle's name on the quilt and was able to give it to mom, dad and baby Annabelle this weekend. I love that my machine does embroidery, all I really use it for is putting names and initials on things, but it makes gifts super personal, and everybody loves something with their name on it!

Well, happy belated 4th of July, hubby and I (along with the dogs) are off to spend the day at my parents soaking up some sun and swimming in the pool, what a perfect day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you really whipped this one out, and it is a great quilt for a baby.......or anyone else !

    Have fun.......I have a feeling I'll be seeing a finished quilt this week !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Dolly, this quilt top came together in 3 days, and that was only working for a few hours each morning! It was finished before I even knew it...a definite plus to a small baby sized quilt!

    ReplyDelete