Saturday, September 25, 2010

Oh baby!

I love making these bibs!  I have a baby shower to go to tommorow, and wanted to whip up some bibs to add to my baby wreath I had made, so I again used Jaime's patchwork bib tutorial over at sewshesews and created these beauties!  I used Alexander Henry's 2d zoo with some Amy Butler dots and some random dots I found in my stash, a jungle print that I had used on a previous quilt and (my favorite!) the awesome owl print from Ann Kelle's Urban Zoologie line. 


These are the backs of the bibs, The green argyle is Ann Kelle from the Remix line.  I know these are leaning toward being "boyish", and mom and dad aren't finding out what they are having, but I just couldn't resist using the 2d zoo and owl print, its not too boyish, right?? 


I put together this baby wreath using diapers and a floral wreath and some baby toys, pacifiers, small bottles, onsies, supersoft stuffed elephant, and of course my bibs.  I also found these adoreable wooden painted jungle animals at Pat Catans on one of my trips, and thought they belonged, so I hot glued them onto a few of the ribbons I had used to tie on the baby things to the wreath itself. 




Cant wait to give this to the mama-to-be tommorow!  Hope she likes!

In case you were wondering, I am making progress on the Value quilt, here's a sneak peak...


I have about a third of the quilt top assembled, I had to stop to working on it to work on the baby stuff this afternoon, which was a welcome relief actually, I think I was starting to go cross-eyed staring at all those half square triangles!!



It's comming together nicely, shouldn't be long now until I have a quilt top to show!

 


5 comments:

  1. That's an adorable way to give shower gifts for the baby........very generous, and very memorable !
    I don't see anything wrong with those colors...everything is SO untraditional now, so even if it's a girl, hey, girls gotta love the jungle !

    You know I love that half-square value quilt !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bibs! I'm sure mom-to-be is thrilled to get them as a gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are soo cute! Very thoughtful gifts!

    ReplyDelete