Friday, May 4, 2012

scrappiness happiness

do. Good Stitches Imagine Circle March Quilt top

March was my month to be the quilter in the Imagine Circle of do. Good Stitches.  After much hmming and hawing about what I wanted to do, I settled on Badskirt Amy's Japanese X and + tutorial.  I upsized the block a bit, so that these finished at a little over 11 inches as opposed to finishing at 7.5" as in the tutorial.    

do. Good Stitches Imagine Circle March Quilt top

I asked the ladies to make their blocks as bright and scrappy as they could manage, and I have to say I am just blown away at the awesomeness of everyones blocks!  I think that all the bright pops of color really add to the design, I have to admit I'm quite smitten :-)

do. Good Stitches Imagine Circle March Quilt top

Our circle of do. Good Stitches sends our quilts to Threading Hope, which provides quilts to children in underprivileged areas of the world. I believe the quilts of 2012 are headed to Bali, Indonesia.  It's so nice to be able to give a little back with a hobby that I just love.  It really warms my heart.

  do. Good Stitches Imagine Circle March Quilt top

I'm hoping to get this guy basted over the weekend and get to quilting, to ship it off to its new home soon!

13 comments:

  1. So colorful and fun, Jess! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so wonderful. Everyone did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks just suit scrappy so well, and the quilt looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is looking so fabulous, Jessica! Very bright and cheerful. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Wonderful! Such a happy quilt will be loved for years by the lucky recipients. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous bright quilt! Looks just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a happy and colorful quilt. And a great cause, too. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Firstly this quilt is absolutely totally and utterly fabulous and secondly so is your blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where do you find the time Ms. Jess?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so wonderful! Love the up-sized blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it! these are great blocks in any size. :)

    ReplyDelete