Monday, December 20, 2010

Finished!

This weekend I was able to finish up all my Christmas sewing!  I wanted to use Noodlehead's tutorial for her lil cutie pouches to give to the staff at one of the doctor's offices we work in, and I thought these would be perfect with one of our homemade caramel apples


These really are super super simple to make, in just over 2 hours I had all 6 of these assembled and ready to go. 


Hopefully the girls enjoy them as much as I do!

I also used Noodlehead's tutorial for her gathered clutches.  These have been on my "To Try" list for forever, and I just never found the right time to give them a try.  I got my sister in law for our grab bag with my husband's family, and I needed a little something extra for her gift, and I thought this would be perfect!  After I made the first one, and again realized how simple Anna's tutorial was, I couldnt resist whipping up a few more to complete my Christmas "shopping".

I finally dug into my fabric that I purchased from Ruth at sewlovefabrics a few months back now.  I kept pulling it out thinking I'd use it for a project, but just couldn't cut into it. 



For this clutch I used some Meadowsweet prints from Sandi Henderson.  This is my absolute favorite.  It pained me to wrap it up and not keep it for myself!  I usually dont like to make doubles of things, but I think I might have to make an exact replica for myself.



The second I used some Anna Maria Horner Innocent Crush for the outside and some Tuffted Tweets for the lining. 

The third is some Amy Butler Lotus fabric.  I love these fabrics, but I'm just not crazy about them put together for this clutch for some reason. 

If you haven't before, definitly checkout some of Noodlehead's tutorials, they are super easy to follow and sew up quickly for adoreable finished projects.

I think I may have one more Christmas project up my sleeve...As I was picking out fabrics for these clutches I stumbled upon a charm pack of Moda 12 Days of Christmas that I had stashed away, that is screaming to be turned into a tablerunner, we'll see what I can come up with!



2 comments:

  1. You're so clever ! Yes, her tutes are great and quick to follow !

    Your zip bags look great......almost like they're made with batting ! Are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope! No batting, just some mid weight fusible interfacing on the outer fabrics...gives it just enough hold to keep the shape and give it some "volume"

    ReplyDelete