I saw one of these ornament wreaths while Christmas shopping last year, and thought, I bet I could make that! So I bought a bunch of pretty ornaments and went to town...Do you want to make one also?? Heres how:
What you will need:
(1) 12" floral wreath ( I like the white compressed styrofoam ones, as opposed to the green boxy circular ones, I find the ornaments stay adhered better)
12-18" piece of ribbon (for hanging on wall)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
approx. 50 medium size colored ornaments (the ones I used were about 2 1/2" to 3" in diameter
1. Select about 20 ornaments and lay them out around the outer edge of the wreath to check for sizing and layout:
2. Using your glue gun, attach each ornament, with the part where an ornament hook would attach facing down, so that you won't see that part when the wreath is assembled. When glueing, I like to not only glue the ornament to the wreath, but also to the ornament next to it for extra security:
3. Once all your outer ornaments are attached, I then arranged ornaments along the inside of the ring, again to check for spacing and the layout:
4. You guessed it, hot glue these in place, again keeping the ornament hook part facing down.
5. What I did next was arrange a ring of ornaments in the gaps between the outer ring of ornaments and the wreath its self. I find it easiest to put the hook part down in the gap like this:
6. Hot glue these ornaments in place
7. Next arrange a ring of ornaments along the "valley" between the inner ring of ornaments, the inner portion of the white wreath, next to the ring of ornaments you just glued into place (I fit about 8 ornaments here):
8. Hot glue these into place, again keeping the hook part facing down:
9. The last ring of ornaments you will attach will sit ontop of the previous two rings you attached, sort of forming a pyramid. Arrange your ornaments so that you are hiding the majority of the white wreath that is still showing. Hot glue in place.
10. Turn your wreath carefully upside down and place on a table. Find where you want the top of your wreath to be, and at this point, thread your ribbon inbetween the ornaments, so the ribbon will be tied against the wreath, and not the ornaments. Tie in a knot, position the knot so that it on the back side of the wreath and hang where you desire!
11. Sit back and enjoy your pretty new holiday wreath!