Wednesday, October 5, 2011

WIP Wednesday {10.5.2011}

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Happy WIP Wednesday!  This will likely be my last post for a week or so, no worries, I haven't fallen off the face of the bloggy world, the hubs and I are headed on vacation :-) 

Completed

September Bee Block

Simply Strings September Jonquils and Ladybugs

Nothing like the last minute, right?  I'm down to one monthly bee (I think I need to do something to remedy this!), and this block is for Stephanie in the Simply Strings Bee. I absolutely adore this block, and now have an "X Strings Block" quilt on my list.  I cannot wait to see how Lindsay puts these blocks together, it is going to be a stunner!

In Progress

baby boy quilt

Sanctuary Squares baby quilt top

While this past weekend brought weather entirely too cold, and rainy to boot, I did manage to get this quilt top pieced together.  Does anyone else have a terrible time coming up with names for your quilts?  I'm stuck with "baby boy quilt" how generic.  Anyways, for now, more on baby boy's quilt here.

Birdie Stitches

Birdie Stitches-May

Birdie Stitches-June

I finished up May and June's Birdie Stitches blocks.  I just love June's typography block, I tried my hand at some satin stitching on some of the words for added visual interest, and once I got the hang of it, it turned out pretty nice.  I know I say it every week, but I just love working on these blocks.

Travel Handmade



  
I decided at the last minute that I should make a new makeup bag and make up brush holder (I'm a Bare Escentuals gal, and you really rack up the make up brushes using that stuff!) for our trip.  I had a few scraps of fabric from my weekender bag left over, and thought it was meant to be.  Now my makeup and brushes will be traveling in style :-)

This Weeks Stats:
New Projects: 0
Completed Projects: 1
In Progress: 7

FWQAL
Birdie Stitches
Baby Boy Quilt
October Bee Blocks
September Bee Blocks
Blocks that need to be turned into a quilt top
3x6 bee blocks
Spiderweb blocks
UFO Quilt tops (maybe, someday)
Postage Stamp Quilt top
Central Park squares

See you in a week or so!  Stop over at Freshly Pieced and add your WIP (and check out Lee's fabric line, Kaleidoscope Lane if you haven't already, it's amazing!)



20 comments:

  1. Holy cow, your satin stitch looks fabulous! So cool!!! I love your make-up roll, it turned out so cute! I am still crushing on your baby boy quilt, thanks for the inspiration to use some brown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Stripey X block- great colours and fabric! I always think a quilt is not finished until it has its own name- how about "Chocolate Zoo"? The animals look like they are in their enclosures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your embroidery - it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it all! I have hard time naming my quilts too. I usually wind up incorporating the pattern or fabric name. That makeup bag and pouch are so cute. I just love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little make up case! And your bee block is just gorgeous! Still loving the birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! so many fun things. Love th baby boy quilt. And what a fantastic travel case. The Birdie fonts look awesome with the satin stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my - every one of your projects looks so fine! Love your string block - so striking. Hope you & hubs have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of the Birdie Stitches blocks are so sweet! They are on my to do list. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your embroidery is fantastic! I love the colors in the baby boy quilt and the string block is awesome too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love that baby boy quilt. The colours are just calling out to me! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jessica, I love the X block! It shows off so many different fun prints.

    Are you using a stabilizer or anything else behind your embroidery on the Birdie Stitches blocks? They look so perfectly smooth! I wasn't all that happy with my stabilizer on the first block and so I haven't moved on to the others yet. I was thinking about trying just a piece of white fabric behind the block. Would love to hear abouy your technique.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What's the pattern for the brush roll?? Love that! Need me one:-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job this wee, and love those embroidered blocks

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOh, love your make up bag and brush roll. I made one last year but gave it away - must do another. Your X block is fab too. Have a lovely holiday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. great projects! love the embroidery, LOVE the baby boy quilt. found you via wip wed, glad i stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have some wonderful projects going on. I particularly love your X block!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That baby boy quilt is so cute! I love it! And the travel bags too! Have fun on vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that string block. Gorgeous! You are right, a whole quilt of these should definitely be on the list. Yum! I also love that baby boy quilt, thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  19. No matter what you call it, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete