Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Extra Extra Read All About It


DSC_0396

Eeek!  I have quite exciting news to share, in that one of my very own quilts is featured in the October/November issue of Quilt Magazine!  I may or may not have done a small happy dance when I got the mail the other day and there was an manilla envelope containing two copies of the magazine, but I am over the moon beyond excited!

DSC_0398

This quilt may look familiar, as it was my Starburst Cross quilt I made for quilt market using Camille by Melissa White.  Not only was it super thrilling to have one of my quilts on display at market this year, but when the editor of Quilt Magazine contacted me shortly after market to let me know they wanted to print my quilt and pattern in their magazine, my jaw about hit the floor.

DSC_0397

I'm still in mild shock that my face is in a magazine, but its super exciting.  Hawthorne Threads has put together a quilt kit which is available for purchase currently sold out back in stock. but there is a place to list your email to be notified when the kits become available again.  Be sure to check out the issue, available on newsstands now, there are lots of great quilts featured!

29 comments:

  1. How EXCITING for you Jess!! To see your face in print. Congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jessica! You deserve this moment...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congratulations! That's so exciting!! : ) You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That's awesome! I'll see if I can track one down. I'd love to make that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! And that's awesome it sold out already, hopefully it doesn't take too long for more to be in stock, it's a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica - Congratulations! That is awesome. I'm sure you are super excited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! Congratulations, Jessica!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting!! Congrats!!! Also I really love the quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very cool and exciting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray! What an awesome quilt... you look great in print!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats!!! your quilt is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!! That is very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! That is so exciting! It is so awesome that the quilt kit has sold out already too! It is a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So awesome Jess, I am very happy for you! You are amazing! Please help support our cause for Aurora. We have raised to date 49 quilts and counting and yet, the task still requires more than 200: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aurora-Colorado-Emergency-Responder-Quilts/401592493230782
    They are coming from all over the world, just let others know!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations!!! That must be so exciting! And doubly so since the kit is already sold out. Everybody must recognize a fab quilt when they see it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! You BETTER have been doing a happy dance! It is gorgeous and it so deserved to be in there! Eeek! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woohoo, congrats, no wonder they snapped it up, it's fab :oD

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Congratulations. That is a neat quilt, and look at you having it published!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So awesome! What wonderful news! You must be so thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations, Jessica! It's a beautiful quilt. Getting published is a pretty big deal!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay!! Congratulations, that is so exciting!! That's a great quilt!

    ReplyDelete