Monday, March 7, 2011

Central Park Quilt Top


I feel like it's been forever since I've actually completed something!  Albeit that this is only the top of a quilt, but I'm considering it a completion.  I was able to get my Central Park baby quilt pieced together this weekend, and while its a very very simple layout, I really like how it shows off the fabrics against the crisp white blocks.


Now of course, the baby I had in mind when making this, we found out this weekend is a boy and not a girl!  Oh well, we still have one other couple we know who is pregant who hasn't found out yet what the baby will be.  Maybe a girl??


My first thought was that the fabrics from the Central Park line would only really work for a girl quilt,  but when I really started looking, I think I can make it work for a boy too...I have a new pile of fabrics which will hopefully be cut into soon for a boy quilt using alot of the blue, green and orange colorways as well as mixing in the animal prints.  I pulled a few other blue prints from my stash to give the pile an extra punch of "boy", and really like where this second baby quilt is headed. 


Back to the quilt at hand, the top measures 40 inches square, and am putting aside to quilt in the near future. 

I will be linking this post to Sew Modern Monday hosted by Megan over at Canoe Ridge Creations.  Be sure to stop over and check out all the great projects!

{Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

12 comments:

  1. It is very nice...and lots of blue in there for that boy....lol. no worries....nice job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is really lovely, I love how fresh it is with the white blocks and I love the colour lines you've done. Lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I love that Central Park fabric line so much! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! It's always good to have baby quilts on hand for gifting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet! Such a pretty layout of the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! Every time I see someone use these fabrics, I fall a little bit more in love with the collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! How do you plan to quilt it?
    I love this line of fabric. I definitely need to buy some!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I especially like how you aligned each coloring on the zig zag. Looks perfect! I love everything I have seen with this Central Park, and yours is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt! I love Central Park and it looks so great with the white!

    ReplyDelete