Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WIP Wednesday {3.9.2011}

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Wednesday already??  Here's whats been going on in my sewing room...

Completed Projects

Central Park Quilt Top

This stack of fabric quickly turned into this baby quilt over the weekend.  Super simple piecing of a bunch of 4 1/2 inch squares using Central Park.  I just love how this shows off all the beautiful fabrics.  This will eventually be going to a baby girl...as soon as I find someone having a girl!  Haha.  The person I had in mind, well, turns out shes having a boy!  This just means I get to hang on to this a little longer :)

Central Park baby quilt top

Ongoing Projects

Scrap Bin Quilt


I dug into my red and pink/purple scrap bin and put together a few scrappy blocks.  Unfortunately I ran out of white fabric, so these are on hold until I can restock my Kona stash!  I am really excited about finishing up these blocks and seeing them all together, this quilt will definitely be a keeper!

DQS 10


My pearl cotton size 8 thread FINALLY came in the mail, so the majority of my evenings this week have been spent on the couch, thimbles in hand, endlessly hand quilting my doll quilt.  I grossly underestimated how long it would take to do the hand quilting, but I am really enjoying the process.  It's almost complete, hope my partner likes!

Quilt Tops Awaiting Quilting

Central Park baby quilt

On Hold

p.s. i quilt postage stamp quilt along quilt

Amy Butler sew along

This Weeks Stats

New Projects: 0

Completed Projects: 1
Ongoing Projects: 5

Be sure to head on over to Freshly Pieced to check out all the WIPs!



13 comments:

  1. It all looks wonderful..I love the scrappy block

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love your scrappy block - I cannot wait to see more of those blocks all put together, it's going to be gorgeous! And your Central Park quilt top just makes me smile - the simplicity, the gorgeous fabric, it's just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the midst of had quilting a lap quilt...and yes it is taking forever!!! But I LOVE the look, wixh I had the time (and patience) to do them all like that!

    Love all yoru projects, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore the hand quilting! Your DQS partner is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. everything looks so gorgeous. Can't wait to see more of your scrappy quilt, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scrap blocks, they are looking great. And your hand quilting on the DQS quilt is just gorgeous, can't wait to see it finished! In fact, I love all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The red, pink and purple is such a great combo -- one of my favourites. Your block is great. Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the design you went with for the quilting on your DQS 10 quilt! It looks dreamy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the scrap block is yummy, I love the idea of using left overs to make new blocks! And your feature at GENX inspired me to get the sticky tabs for my quilt ruler and it is awesome! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, everything is just gorgeous. Love the quilting on your DQS quilt! Impressive!

    Thanks for linking up, have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All I can say is I heart Central Park and love seeing all the different variations on great things from the line!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hand quilting is beautiful! I just love what you're doing with this cute little quilt. I'm really enjoying hand quilting lately too, but it definitely is slow going!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to see your scrap quilt! Such a beautiful combination of colors!

    ReplyDelete