Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WIP Wednesday {3.16.2011}

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

It's been a very productive sewing week, with a good bit to show on a few projects!

Completed Projects

DQS 10

DQS 10 Completed Doll Quilt

I finished up my Hope Valley Circles doll quilt for DQS 10!  I posted about it here.  We had a pretty quiet weekend around here, so I had the majority of both Saturday AND Sunday to do as I pleased (which means play in my sewing room!)  I really enjoyed working on this project, and picked up a few new skills along the way. 

Ongoing Projects

Scrap Bin Quilt


I finished up the color scrappy blocks for my scrappy quilt!  I was a little unsure of my choice of colors, but now seeing all the blocks together, I'm really liking it!  I'm not sure how I want to proceed from here...for some reason I'm just not all that fond of square quilts (aside from baby quilts that is), so I was thinking of making 4 more blocks and doing them in shades of greys/black prints to kind of neutralize the brightness.  Although as I'm looking at it, maybe I should just embrace the brightness and make 4 more blocks, but in colors I've already used?  What say you oh wise bloggy friends??

New Projects

Central Park Squared baby quilt

Central Park baby quilt WIP

This is my boy version using mostly Central Park in the green/blue/orange color ways and the animal prints, with a few Hope Valley prints thrown in there as well.

Central Park baby quilt WIP

This is the first time I've ever set charm squares on point, and I can't believe what a different look it gives the quilt!  I really like how these colors work together, so pretty and calming, yet "boyish" too. 

Quilt tops awaiting quilting

Central Park baby quilt #1

On Hold


p.s. i quilt postage stamp quilt along quilt
Amy Butler sew along

This Weeks Stats

New Projects: 1
Completed Projects: 1
Ongoing Projects: 5 (I'm including March Bee blocks here too!)

Be sure to head on over to Freshly Pieced to check out all the WIPs!



24 comments:

  1. lovely work Jessica....and blocks on point always add so much to a quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that DQS quilt is just stunning. Everything I'm seeing from that group is amazing. Your scrap bin quilt is so beautiful too,I love the colors and I think if you add to it, you should add more colors!
    Love the baby quilt set on point. It really adds something having it on point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, swoon - where to start?? Your DQS quilt has turned out fantastically. I adore your scrap quilt, and I agree with Becky - adding four more colors would be amazing! I love how bright and colorful it is so far. Your Central Park WIP is gorgeous, too, Hope Valley sure does play nicely with Central Park! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your Central Park quilt! So colorful. And I'd make more bright color blocks for your scrap quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright colors for your scrap bin quilt. I'd say embrace the colors & add more if you'd like it not to be square.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really did get a lot accomplished and its all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how the scrap bin squares are coming. That is going to make such a fun quilt. I think I need to add one to my list. I also love how your Central Park quilt it coming. Setting those blocks on point makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both of these quilts. The Central Park is going to make a super cute baby quilt. I also really like the scrap bin squares. Maybe a purple to get the other 4 blocks? I also think that quilts should be rectangle instead of square. It's a real hang up of mine. I'm very inspired by the things you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the scrap colorful quilt, so pretty I would add some purple blocks into the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow everything looks great! I LOVE your amazing Hope Valley Circles doll quilt and setting the Central Park quilt on point is a brilliant touch. Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! I say COLOR! The 16 blocks you have already are so cheery :) And the charm squares on point - a simple change, but you're right, it creates a totally different feel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The scrappy colours are fab. What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would add purple to your scrap bin quilt - it is very cute! I love the Hope Valley Circles and the Central Park too - very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your baby boy quilt. I wouldn't have thought to put Central Park and Hope Valley together, but it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another vote for more colour in your scrap bin quilt. I am LOVING it!

    Your DQS quilt is beautiful - you've got a lucky partner!!

    I am so partial to on-point layouts of square yet I never do it - thanks for the inspiration. Another project to dream about - *happy sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm very fond of bright colors and I think your scrap bin quilt is just gorgeous! Do make it brighter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your Central Park Baby Quilt. I just absolutely love that fabric I might be inspired to buy some!
    Christine
    http://thefabricjunkie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really the brightness of your scrap-bin blocks. I think they look great just the way they are. It looks like they were a fun pattern to sew together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Central Park quilt is beautiful! I love it! Your scrap quilt is looking great too. I would probably go for more bright blocks, but gray would be cool too. I guess it depends on what scraps you have?

    Thanks for linking up, have a wonderful week. : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love everything. Can I be your DQS partner, pretty please? It is a problem that I'm not ever signed up for that swap? :) Hehe. Can't wait to see more of all these great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You know how much I love your DQS quilt, Jess, but oh my that scrap bin number ... wooooot!!

    I think a little purple/lilac would look great too, but I also like it as is. I would love to have this (just in case you suddenly hate it!) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well I love brights so its no surprise my vote is for more colour in your scrap quilt! It's turning out beautifully but I think I would add more blocks to make it rectangular. Love that Central Park quilt, it's gorgeous for a little boy!
    And I can't say anything about else the DQS quilt other than I SOOOO want it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the scrap quilt. I just got some Central Park last week, still thinking what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing projects! Love your circle quilt! The scrap one if great too. And that Central Park - well it's one of my favs. Nice job on those 'on point' charms!

    ReplyDelete