Saturday, March 26, 2011

in your opinion...


Sashing or no sashing??  I finished up the purple blocks this afternoon, and you ladies were 100% right, more color all the way!  Now I'm asking your expert opinions once again...I had been planning on doing sashing between the blocks all along, but seeing them like this, I kind of like the mass of color explosion...I'm torn, what say you wise quilty friends??

(Just as an aside, I guess it doesn't really matter, but in my mind this should be flipped so that it is longer than wider...this was the only way this  behemoth would fit on my extended design wall!  Just tilt your head to the left when looking, hehe)

20 comments:

  1. I vote no sashing - the white frames around the scrappy square provides somewhere for the eye to rest, in my opinion.

    Still loving this quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks perfect the way it is...I would have thought sashing too...but no,no,no....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with no sashing.
    There is enough white around the squares for contrast/interest.
    I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No sashing! Just wonderful how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As everyone else said....no sashing! There's all the solid color around each block to give the eyes a place to rest. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how it looks as is - NO sashing vote too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fabulous Jess!! I vote no sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I vote sashing (white) to echo the white already round the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another no dashing vote here, love it as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops that of course should read sashing! Predictive text should be called "jump to conclusions " text!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another vote for no sashing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Also no sashing for me. Unless you need it for the size! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you've probably already decided, but I definitely vote for no sashing - I adore how this looks right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this - please don't tame down the colors with white sashing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this with no sashing, but I think it would look beautiful with either :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to say no sashing too, because like someone said, I think the white in the blocks is enough

    ReplyDelete