Friday, March 25, 2011

March Bee Blocks

I'm cutting things a little close this month, I don't know where March went, but seeing as how its about over,  I needed to get my bee blocks done and out in the mail!

Simply Strings for LisaJanLovestoQuilt

This block is for Lisa in the Simply Strings Bee.  She sent us along a bunch of scrap strips in blues and yellows and encouraged us to incorporate a few scraps of our own that were in the same color family. 

Solid bee for CNSnow

This block is for Corley in the Solids bee.  She requested that we make tree blocks to help "landscape" the house blocks that had been made for her in another bee.  Now, I've never made a tree block, and was a little stumped as to how to go about this...I decided on doing some applique with fusible web, and am happy with the outcome!

Sew Fun pinwheel block for Quilt Happie

This block was made for Jessica in the Sew Fun bee.  She sent along some beautiful fabrics and requested that we make her our favorite pinwheel block.  I just love flying geese, and had been wanting to give this a try.  I had initally planned on making actual flying geese blocks, but the first tutorial I found from psiquilt used HSTs, so I went with it.  This picture really does not do the fabrics justice, they are much prettier in person!

Lastly, these are not blocks that I made, but I wanted to share the lovely blocks I have received so far in the 3 x 6 bee.

3 x 6 4th and 1st quarter blocks
These blocks were made by:  1. windowshopmom 2. jenjohnston 3. oneblessedmama 4. bellsbellsjo 5. quiltedoma 6. 2mayboys 7. A Blond Quilts 8. AmieJ Designs 9. Sunnyauh 10. erika4303 11. techalum

I requested light greys, lime greens and lemon yellows, and am loving what I've received!  I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do with these (besides make a quilt, of course), but I'm going to continue with these colors for quarter 2, and see where it goes.  

Stay tuned for progress on my scrap quilt...  Seeing as how Mother Nature has decided to grace us with a tornado and hail storms earlier this week, and freezing temperatures throughout the weekend, my urge to be outside has disappeared!  This is hubby's weekend to work, and that means hours and hours of uninterupted sewing time :-)   

2 comments: