Wednesday, March 2, 2011

WIP Wednesday {3.2.2011}

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Time for another WIP Wednesday! 

New Projects

Central Park Baby Quilt
I have finally cut into my Central Park fat quarter bundle.  These fabrics have just been screaming to be made into a baby quilt...we have two couple friends who are expecting, neither of them know what they are having, so I'm taking a chance that one of the two of them will have a girl! 

I started with this stack...

And then had these yummy scraps and squares...
Which turned into this pretty pretty layout on my design wall!  I need to cut the white squares and then get busy sewing this little quilt top together.

Ongoing Projects


Scrap Bin Quilt (I really must think of a new name...)
I posted about this in my weekend sewing post, but I have been wanting to really dig into my scrap bins and make a quilt solely out of fabric scraps from other projects. 

scrappy blocks

This is what I have so far, using up a good bit of my green and blue fabric scraps.  As a side bonus in cutting into my Central Park fabric, I even have a few scraps of oranges and pinks that I was lacking to add to those blocks! 

DQS 10
Unfortunately I don't have any further progress to share on my Hope Valley Quilt for DQS 10...BUT a little birdie told me (ok, not a little birdie but the UPS tracking system) that my pearl cotton thread I ordered to do the hand quilting should be awaiting me at my doorstep when I get home!  If this is true, this project will jump to the number one spot, as I'm uber anxious to get quilting and see the finished result!

Projects In Waiting

p.s. i quilt postage stamp quilt along quilt
Amy Butler sew along

This Weeks Stats:

New Projects: 1
Completed Projects: 0
Ongoing Projects:  5 (up one from last week)

Be sure to pop over to Freshly Pieced and see all the wonderful WIPs!



19 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE the scrap quilt! I love how you pieced the block borders, super cute. And I cant' wait to see your Central Park quilt!

    Thanks for linking up, have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scrap quilt is great. I love the blue and green combination. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, those are both so bright and fun! Nice work...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is going to be fantastic! You have the inside blocks so beautiful and the bright colours are perfect to frame them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice quilts....the baby quilt is so pretty...but you know; I love the scrappy one...the colours jump right out at ya with that white sashing....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your scrap bin quilt! Colors are gorgeous - plus doesn't it feel wonderful to use some of those scraps?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That central park is so pretty, it's going to be a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmm, yummy fabrics and your scrappy quilt blocks are a lot like the bottled rainbow project going on over at stitched in color. looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your scrap quilt is so darn gorgeous, I just love it! I really, really, really love it, it just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously love the scrap quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your scrap quilt is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love scrap quilts, especially this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your Central Park and your scrap quilt - very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your scrap quilt is gorgeous. Actually, all your projects are great. Happy WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jess, I LOVE the scrap quilt. The colours are fabulous. And I am so jealous you have a Central Park FQ bundle. Colour me green!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooh, I just love the Central Park layout you did, its fab! I've been trying to resist buying this line for what seems like ages, you're not helping the cause!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucky little baby-to-be! Of course, you know you just increased the odds that both of these couples will now have a BOY! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is soooo pretty! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete