Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WIP Wednesday {3.30.2011}

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Already Wednesday??!?  I can't believe its been almost 5 months that Lee has began hosting WIP Wednesday!  Onto this weeks work...

First off I just have to share my little secret I've been holding in since the beginning of DQS 10...My package went out over the weekend and my partner received it on Monday (holy fast, right??)  BUT I can finally share who I was making my doll quilt for...it was for Lee!!  Yes thats right, Lee.. the one and only Lee that hosts this linky party for everyone's WIPs each and every Wednesday!  Being a part of DQS was fun all on its own, but it was the icing on the cake to be making something for one of my bloggy friends.  Here is her post with pictures of the quilt in its new home, I must say, it looks quite happy nestled above Lee's sewing machine :)

Now, for real onto what I've been working on...

Completed Projects

 
Central Park Baby Quilt
Central Park baby quilt

I finished up the binding on my central park charm square quilt, and am so so pleased with the end result. I'm going to have to store this quilt away for a few months, as the baby is not due until this summer. But it'll be well worth the wait to see that little bundle of joy cuddled up on this quilt!

Scrappy Rainbow Quilt Top

scrappy quilt top

With everyones input over the weekend to help me decide how to lay out these blocks, I was able to get my scrappy rainbow quilt top put together.  I am so happy with how this turned out, and can't help but smile looking at all those bright fun colors! 

March Quilting Bee Blocks
Simply Strings for LisaJanLovestoQuilt

Solid bee for CNSnow

Sew Fun pinwheel block for Quilt Happie

Ongoing Projects

p.s. i quilt postage stamp quilt along

postage stamp quilt along progress

I have this thing with unfinished projects.  I can't stand it.  This little buddy has been sitting in a stack on the corner of my sewing table for a few weeks now (ok more than a few weeks, but who's counting)...and its almost like it's taunting me.  I have about half the blocks put together, and a big mess of strips of 2 inch squares.  I feel like its glaring at me.  I've finally caved and picked this project back up.  I have vowed to work on this until at least the quilt top is complete.  Then I can stash it away work on quilting it up at a later date.  But I must get this bugger off my sewing table. 

Quilt tops awaiting quilting


Central Park baby quilt #1
Scrappy Rainbow Quilt

On Hold

Amy Butler sew along

This Weeks Stats

New Projects: 0
Completed Projects: 3
Ongoing Projects: 2
Be sure to head over to freshly pieced and check out all the awesome WIPs!!




18 comments:

  1. Nice progress this week - and how lucky/terrifying to be making something for a bloggy friend!! The DQS10 quilt you made was gorgeous of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great! I loved seeing your doll quilt pop up on Lee's blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that rainbow top - can't wait to see how you quilt it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean! My Single Girl quilt top taunts me every time I see it. I love your postage stamp top, it's just lovely, and so are all of those gorgeous bee blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep going at it ..it's going to look great when your done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have such a lot going on at the moment. Love the postage stamp quilt top, its looking lovely. And I'm still totally in love with your Central Park quilt. Must look at how you set those blocks on point, it gives it such a lovely look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful projects!
    I just love your little tree block, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have some very nice projects on the go...pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. H'mmmmmmmm, I still think the DQS10 would have been waaaay happier at my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful projects there!
    My unfinished projects taunt me from the corner too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That rainbow quilt is so happy!

    I know what you mean about the postage stamp quilt, I'm very slowly plugging away at mine as well, but nowhere near as much done as you do! Yours looks great!

    And I just love your tree block!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love all your wips and I think my favorite is the rainbow one! Wow! Just so happy and cheerful and scrappy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Central Park looks soooo great! I hope to be showing off mine in another week or so!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely adore your central park baby quilt and scrappy quilt! Especially the purples and oranges in your rainbow scrappy quilt. It's so bright and cheerful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That rainbow quilt is so cheerful, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that tree block is...oh my gosh, it's amazing! I want to make one! So cool, I'm so curious about the finished quilt! I love seeing that rainbow block all pieced together too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That tree block is so darn cute. Very creative to do it ticker-tape style! Good luck on the postage stamp quilt, it's really adorable.

    Thanks for linking up, and for my DQS quilt!!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love both the Central Park and the Srappy Rainbow quilts, they are great.

    ReplyDelete