Sunday, September 11, 2011

For the Love of Solids Swap: Complete

FTLOS solid goodies

I spent this morning finishing up my swap package for my secret partner in the For the Love of Solids Swap, and I have to say I'm glad I saw this mini through and didn't scrap it.  Seeing it quilted and with binding added the extra bit I thought it was lacking earlier.

FTLOS mini quilt

This mini measures appx 20" x 22", and was constructed loosely using this sewmamasew chevron tutorial.  I am totally seeing pillows in the pattern in the new future.  I quilted 1/4" on either side of the seam lines and bound this using some Kona charcoal.

FTLOS mini quilt back

I really like how the back shows off the quilting pattern.  As for the label, I love using those printable fabric sheets (I found them at Joann's) that iron on to your quilt.  That way I don't have to worry about not liking my handwriting when labeling my swap mini quilts :-P

FTLOS metal frame pouch

I struggled a little when deciding on my second item, and ultimately went with a metal frame pouch (which I plan to stuff with a few scraps of my partners favorite color fabric), and added a little hand embroidery detail using some pearl 8 cotton.  I almost want to keep this for myself!

FTLOS

While I was at my favorite LQS yesterday, I spied some precuts of Terrain by Kate Spain, and no joke, it just magically jumped right into my hands!  I most definitely wanted some for myself, and thought my partner would like a charm pack as well.  I know, I know its not a solid, but I think she'll understand :-)

This will be on its way to its new home tomorrow, hope you like partner!

15 comments:

  1. Wow This mini is really beautiful.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous mini, elegant little snap purse, and what's not to like about Kate Spain. Your partner is one lucky gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! This would be perfect for me! I mean....lucky partner whoever she it. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how these came out, and I'm sure your partner will too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now the thing is I know this is not for me because you've missed the international shipping deadline and you strike me as someone who doesn't miss deadlines so I am surmising that this is staying Stateside and for that I am feeling a little bit sad ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the quilt and the pouch are spectacular. The perle cotton quilting is the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, gorgeous quilt and purse - lucky partner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right. The border makes a huge difference. Love how it turned out. And the pouch.. Oh wow. I love the limegreen and blues.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful swap package - your partner is going to be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not going to lie--I'm crossing my fingers that this is coming to live with me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic package, Jessica!
    You're partner will be thrilled!!!
    Thanks for the tip on the iron on fabric sheet - I might have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They all came out so beautiful and I am glad you stuck with the chevrons because it looks so pretty. I don't blame you for wanting to keep that cute clutch and the Terrain fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job Jess....good for you for plowing through even though you had doubts!;)

    Great little clutch and oh my oh my I love the charm pack! I know this isn't for me since I didn't participate in this swap!;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looooove it! Zigzags are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete