Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WIP Wednesday {9.28.2011}

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

After a brief delay in our regularly scheduled programming last week, WIP Wednesday is back!  I'd like to give a shout out to our host Lee, who is in the middle of designing her fabric line for the Connecting Threads contest, can you believe it?? Designing her own fabric line!!  Good luck Lee, can't wait to see what you have come up with, I know it will be just fabulous!!

Completed Projects

Weekender Bag

I am so thrilled with this bag, I can't bring myself to put it away just yet...for now its sitting on our dining room table, and I have to admit I just walk in there and look at it, because I can't believe I actually finished it!  More on this finish here.

Secret Pillow Project

DSC03927

Remember this sneaky peek?  Well my two pillows are completed and will be on their way to their new home, with Ann in Italy on Friday!  As soon as she receives them, I'll share them with everyone!

New Projects

Baby Boy Quilt



Just as I was thinking I wanted to start something new, a friend of mine commissioned me to make a baby quilt for her.  I always immediately go looking to buy new fabric, but I stopped myself, and pulled this selection from my stash.  I need a little more of the solid brown Kona, but I am super proud of myself, I even have fabric for the quilt back {{quilts made from stash fabrics}} more to come on this soon, I'm just itching to  cut into these fabrics!

In Progress

Farmers Wife QAL


No new blocks this week.  Block #35 is one of those darn baskets.  I'm still deciding if I should skip the stupid basket and make two of another block, or just suck it up and make the darn thing.  Part of me feels like I'm cheating (yes, I know this is ridiculous) if I skip the basket, but I just plain don't like them.  One basket is enough.  Argh.  More of these to come soon.

This Weeks Stats

New Projects: 1
Completed Projects: 2
In Progress: 7

FWQAL
Birdie Stitches QAL
Solid Spiderweb quilt
Weekender Bag
September Bee Blocks
Pillow Swap
Baby boy quilt
UFO Quilt tops (maybe, one day...)
Postage Stamp quilt top
Central Park quilt top

Be sure to pop over and wish Lee good luck on her fabric line, and add your WIP!

19 comments:

  1. oooh! everything looks lovely. I want a weekender bag now! And I want to make a pillow. hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Weekender turned out great! I say make the basket block! You'll be happy you did. I made it last week, it is my least favorite (that's encouraging, huh?), but in the end you'll be glad you made every single block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pull of fabrics for your commissioned quilt, looks great!! And of course, your Weekender is awesome :) I am right there with you on that darned basket block - I didn't make any blocks this week because I can't seem to make a flipping decision!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Farmer's Wife quilt is lovely. So's your bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the fabrics for the baby boy quilt. Everything else is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for the stash quilt! I feel like I've been busting through my stash lately, but there always seems to be more of it! (Hmm...maybe I need to stop buying fabric.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilts always amazes me.... Really do. When I grow up I want to quilt like you 'LOL'.

    I'm a sucker for blue and browns so looking forward to see more on your commission quilt. And the bag is just unbelievable....

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, i'm not a basket fan either. I say skip them, otherwise you'll have a bunch of blocks you don't like and make you cringe when you see them!
    Love the fabrics for the baby boy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you on the baskets - don't like 'em. Skip 35!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job for the week, and those sneak peeks are tantalising!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an awesome weekender bag. I must look for the pattern! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous progress this week! I totally love scrap quilts, too - yay for your awesome fabric pull!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wouldn't put that bag away either! It is absolutely fantastic! Your baby quilt fabric selections look great--it feels good to pull it all from stash, right?
    And I'm like you, I feel like I'm cheating if I skip a block or change something in a quilt-along or set design. But I'm coming to realize that sometimes you have to follow your own rules. I say--give it a few days and see how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the fabrics you have picked out for the baby boy quilt. I look forward to seeing it come together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bag and the FW blocks are awesome! Congrats on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great bag! Don't do the basket if you don't want to - nobody's going to be counting the baskets and saying 'you missed some'!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well done on the commission and more importantly on being able to pull all the fabrics from your stash!

    ReplyDelete