Tuesday, November 27, 2012

a little bee block stitching

If you happen to follow me on instagram, you probably noticed that over the holiday weekend, I had a one track mind, and that was all things bee blocks.  More specifically, my 4x5 bee blocks.  Yes, yes, this is because I waited until the absolute last minute, and the shipping deadline was Saturday, but really that's besides the point.  

Hive 3 test block

I used Six White Horses Sharp Chevrons paper piecing templates and tutorial, and just love how these blocks turned out.  I'm super happy I made a test block in my colors, so I have one to keep!  After this round, I should have about 24 blocks from the three previous rounds I've participated in, plus the test blocks I've made.  We'll see how many quilts I can finish up before 2013!

Hopefully the lovely ladies of Hive 3 dig these blocks as much as I do.

4x5 Bee Hive 3
For Jemillia

4x5 Bee Hive 3
For Eva Marie 

4x5 Bee Hive 3
For Shelley

4x5 Bee Hive 3
For Wendy

4x5 Bee Hive 3
For Danielle

That wrapped up my bee commitments for 2012, and it felt nice heading to the post office one last time, with an arm full of manila envelopes on their way to their new homes!

Sending off the last bee blocks of 2012! #allcaughtup



7 comments:

  1. You have been busy -- you obviously work well under the pressure of a deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these blocks- all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this block, I just recently joined my frst 3x6 bee and I can see it being very addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How do I get into a bee? Your blocks are fantastic as usual. I love your posts! Your fabric selections are amazingly interesting and make beautiful blocks. Wish I could see these quilts completed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I love the color choices! So bright and modern.

    ReplyDelete