Wednesday, November 28, 2012

WIP Wednesday {11.28.2012}

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

I hope everyone had a great turkey day last week, aside from some minor turkey issues, ours was fantastic.  I didn't brave any of the black friday craziness in the stores, but did manage to score quite a few online deals on fabric, that I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of!  In addition to buying fabric, I've also been making good on my pre-new years resolution to finish up as many old WIPs as I humanly can before the end of the year.  

Completed Projects


DaisyChain ABC Sampler


Hive 3 test block

You can see all 6 of these little guys here.

In Progress

Kawaii Winter Sampler

photo

Week one is a wrap!  #kawaiiwintersampler

Since finishing my Daisy Chain sampler, I was looking for a new handwork project to get started on, to keep my hands busy while vegging on the the couch in the evenings watching TV.  After seeing all the awesome Kawaii Winter Sampler projects all over Instragram, I couldn't resist joining in the fun.  I am using Cosmo floss, that I picked up from the workroom and its heaven to stitch with!  I'm not sure that I'll actually finish this before Christmas, but its very fun to sit and work on and see each little square come to life.  You can find the Sampler from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery, and Cosmo floss kits here.

Chicoppe quilt

Loving the Chicopee invasion on my design wall!  #chicopee

Pardon the terrible horrible cell phone pic here, but my Chicopee quilt has invaded my design wall!  I'm quite happy with how this quilt (and pattern!) is coming together, and hopefully will have a quilt top to show soon. I am planning on giving this quilt away as a Christmas gift, so I really need to get hopping, this is at the top of my list to finish!

Christmas Tree Skirt

On an aside, incase you are looking for a little Holday stitching, my Festive Tree skirt tutorial is being featured over at SewCanShe today!








14 comments:

  1. I love your letter sampler! So classic, and yet so modern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your framed sampler is stunning Jess. What a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Chicopee quilt! Your tree skirt is fabulous too. I will definitely be bookmarking it. Pretty soon I will be starting on your Moda Bake Shop, Woven quilt. I was able to get two Simply Color jelly rolls for 50% last Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sampler looks really great and I'm really liking your chicopee AND your tree skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your tree skirt on pinterest already and loved it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, you are moving quite quickly with the cross stitch!

    Congratulations on being a guest blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am swooning over your projects this week, Jess!! I love your letter sampler, it's so gorgeous, and your Kawaii cross-stitches are just darling. I adore your Chicopee quilt, I love the chain effect your squares are making!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, all of your projects are really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this post is nice, my sister is analyzing
    such things, thus I am going to convey her.
    Here is my weblog :: how to play piano

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you've been busy, looking great! Oh, and if you want to save yourself from the annoying spam, disable anonymous comments...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a lot of progress! I love the sampler and the Chicopee quilt. I really like your bee blocks and am adding that pattern to my to do list!! In the spirit of your finishing WIPs I will start more!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m here to testify about the great work Dr Aba did for me. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the past 5 years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came across a testimony of one lady on the internet testifying about a Man called Dr Aba on how he cured her from Herpes Simplex Virus. And she also gave the email address of this man and advised anybody to contact him for help for any kind of sickness that he would be of help, so I emailed him telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! Well i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as Dr Aba assured me that i will be cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can contact Dr Aba via email dr.abaherbalhome@gmail.com You can also call or whatsApp his telephone number on +2348107155060. Thanks once again Dr Aba.

    ReplyDelete