Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Mixed Tape Side B

DSC_1185

Making quilt backs is usually my least favorite part of the quilting process.  I take that back.  It might sit just behind basting as my least favorite part.  I think its because once I have the top pieced, I just want to get quilting!  Quilting, particularly free motion quilting, is hands down my favorite favorite part of seeing a quilt through from fabric selection to stitching down that last inch of binding, and any step in between (I'm looking at you quilt-back making and basting) is just standing in my way.

DSC_1188

This quilt back is different.  Possibly because I'm looking at is more of an alternate quilt front.  When I opened Pandora's box of quilt bee blocks I have stashed away to work on Side A, I knew I wanted to incorporate as many blocks as possible into one quilt.  Consider it an epic bee quilt of sorts.  When I planned this quilt, and found these 12 blocks, I instantly knew I wanted those to be the back.  And I wanted them to have a border of white, with a small color border, and then lots of white negative space.  And offset to the bottom left.  Yes this quilt back vision was quite specific.

DSC_1191

Now that this quilt back is pieced I am itching to get this basted and get quilting!  Unfortunately it will probably have to sit for a little while, but hopefully soon it will see its turn at my machine!

DSC_1186

6 comments:

  1. That is an awesome quilt back! I like it when the backs of quilts are interesting. You rocked this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours in this, so summery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this? I love that your making a two sided quilt. Can't wait to see it completed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's fabulous! Not to worry, it will eventually get quilted ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!!! The colors are so gorgeous, and I love the concept of a double-sided quilt that's essentially two awesome fronts :) Can't wait to see it all quilted up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And here I was sure that this was the quilt front when I first saw the picture! It's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete