Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WIP Wednesday {4.13.2011}

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

It's Wednesday, which means its WIP time!  Here's whats been going on in my sewing room this week...

Completed Projects

Amy Butler Cosmo Bag

Cosmo Bag

This is more of a start and a finish this week, I know I have had it listed as a WIP for some time now, but I got down to business this week, and completed the Cosmo bag from Amy Butler's Style Stitches book!  This bag monopolized the majority of my time this week, but its now completed, taken its maiden voyage to the gym with me, and I cannot say how much I love this bag!

Nook Cover


This was just a little mini project, but I figured I'd snap a pic of it before it goes to its new owner.  A co-worker of my moms was admiring the Nook cover I made for her and asked if I would be willing to make one for her daughter.  She said her daughters favorite colors were orange and pink, and this is what I came up with.  I pieced the front, but instead of quilting with batting, I used fusible fleece.  I really like the extra padding the layers of fusible fleece gives the holder, and, its much quicker than quilting the layers to batting.  Hope she likes it!

Ongoing Projects

3 x 6 Bee Blocks


We are now into the second quarter of 2011 in the 3 x 6 bee, which means a new beehive with new blocks to make!  I am the caretaker of beehive 24, and us caretakers decided to arrange a secret block swap along with our beehive blocks, and this is what I've drummed up.


Hexagons!!  I have always loved the look of hexagons, but they always seemed so labor intensive.  With the help of my Accuquilt GO! and the hexagon die, I think I had about 50 medium sized hexagons cut out in less than a half an hour, and then went to town basting them to paper templates, which has resulted in the above blue and orange in progress hexagon block!  Hopefully my partner likes!!  I must say, I do really like having a hand piecing/quilting project in the works that I can work on while mindlessly watching TV in the evenings.

Sis Boom Jamie Dress Sew Along

I'll be honest, I've gotten as far as prewashing my fabrics with this!  As the Cosmo bag was my "project of the week" last week, this dress is my project of the week this week!! 



Seeing all these awesome dresses in the flickr pool is just the motivation to get my butt in gear and sew a dress!!

Quilt tops awaiting quilting

Central Park baby quilt #1
Scrappy Rainbow Quilt

This Weeks Stats

New Projects: 0
Completed Projects: 1
Ongoing Projects: 7

Be sure to head over to Freshly Pieced and add your WIPs!

13 comments:

  1. Great projects! Love your cosmo bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy. Everything is so colorful and springy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting the Cosmo Bag finished up in a week is an accomplishment in itself! :)

    I absolutely love your hexies! What a perfect color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your dress come together! It's not a hard pattern to get into, and once you get started you probably won't want to stop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. After seeing all of those cute dresses, I ordered the pattern for the Jamie dress.

    I love hexagons too. They are a good project for car rides too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cosmo bag is so great! makes me want to make one. darn you, making me add projects to my to-do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dress is going to be awesome. And seeing your bag reminded me again of how funny your description of its size was to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bag looks great. So fun and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that bag! It's so fun to get a quick little project like this checked off the list! Love the colors on that nook cover too. Will be curious to see how your Jamie dress comes out. I forgot to prewash my fabrics, I'm in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful fabric selection for the Cosmo bag and Nook cover! Love the hexagons, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the hexis look fab. Nice Work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmm, yummy hexies! And your Cosmo bag turned out so cute. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete