Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WIP Wednesday {4.27.2011}

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

It's Wednesday which means it's time to share whats been going on down in the sewing room this week!

Completed Projects

pretty {little} pouch swap


I spent a few days working on mastering purse frames.  I've gotten a result I'm pretty pleased with, and hopefully my partner will like the pouch I made as well!  The first zipper pouch I made I think will be sneakily included in my package to my partner as well...I personalized it for her, so I really have no use for this pouch by keeping it!  These will be headed out in the mail this weekend.

April Bee Blocks


I tackled my April bee blocks over the weekend and got them mailed back on Saturday (I think I was getting the evil eye from the others behind me in line at the post office, as I showed up with about 10 things to mail...)  This particular block is for my partner in the 3x6 caretaker swap.  I don't think she has received it yet...so it's still a secret!

New Projects/In Progress

3 x 6 bee blocks



I've gotten to work on my bee blocks for the 3 x 6 bee, one of my bees has already finished her blocks and mailed them out, so I thought I should get my butt in gear and get to work!!  I have been wanting to try a dresden plate block for some time now, so I figured theres no time like the present!  I must say that I absolutely love this block, and am seeing a dresden quilt in my near future.  This particular block is for missplanner, she requested purple, aqua/turquoise and grey, which wouldn't be color palate I thought I would like, but after seeing these colors together made me change my mind!

Quilt tops awaiting quilting

Central Park Baby Quilt
Rainbow Scrappy Quilt
Postage Stamp Quilt
...these are numero uno priority after my 3x6 blocks are done and mailed!

This Weeks Stats

New Projects: 1
Completed Projects:  2
Ongoing Projects:  4

Be sure to stop over at Freshly Pieced and check out the WIPs!!








19 comments:

  1. Ooh, the Dresden is lovely and the colours work so well! And I just love the little purses, they are so pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colorful dresdens!! And I know I'd be happy to be your pouch partner, both of those pouches are just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that dresden! Isn't the 3x6 interesting? We've got two people in ours already done and I'm totally feeling the pressure to get done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Dresden Plate is wonderful, I enjoy making them too, they are easier than I thought they would be. I love your hexagon block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve the Dresdens Jes!
    PS Im a Jes too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo, love your bee blocks - the hexagons are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your hexagon block. I haven't done hexes in a long time and have been tempted to pull them out again. I just need to decide on a good project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dresdan plate block is so pretty. I love the color combo you used. So nice and refreshing. Love seeing the aqua used with something other than red (not that I don't love the red and aqua combo) just nice to see something I little different.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That hexie block is just incredible! Love it! And you're doing Dresdens for 3x6? That's ambitious, girl! The one here is so pretty.

    Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you're a champion! I'm in love with the Central Park pouch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That hexie block - holy cow what a lot of work. But it's awesome. The pouches look terrific - you definitely mastered them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that hexie block, the colors are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Dresden! I haven't been brave enough to try one yet! I also love the purses. I'm all about a bag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job on your pouches! And love your dresden plate! Nice choice of fabrics, and it looks very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks great but I am especially in love with that hexie block.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love that hexie block!! And dresdens... I've never seen one that I didn't love!! :) Great pouches too!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely work! I too did not realize how nice purple, blue and grey would be.

    ReplyDelete