Thursday, May 26, 2011

back in the groove


I work best with lists.  Lists that I can physically see what needs done, and can check it off after its completed.  Things were getting slightly out of hand down in my sewing room, with nine million projects running through my head, and no real sense of organization or order of importance.  So, I made a list.  And now feel 1000% better that I have a sewing plan of attack.


#1 on my list were these bibs for a friend who's baby shower is on Saturday (nothing like the last minute, right?).  These are so easy and fun to make and I again used Jamie's tutorial from sewshesews to make these patchwork quilted bibs.




My favorite part of making these by far is playing with my fun kiddie fabric, I used some Robert Kaufman Play Day on the top two bibs and then some Alexander Henry 2d Zoo on the last bib with a few coordinating prints out of my stash (hello polka dots!).  


I am pairing these bibs with a diaper wreath complete with all sorts of fun baby extras.


These diaper wreaths are such a fun way to display all sorts of little baby toys and extras, I've included a few pacifiers, small bottle, a few onesies, some soft toys and some teethers for when baby gets a little older.  


add some pretty ribbon...


I like to get a few of those painted wood shapes ( I did planes, trains and trucks on this wreath) and hot glue them to the ribbons that tie the onesies to the wreath for a little added bit of fun


...and voila, an adorable baby shower gift that is sure to please!

This was a fun project to complete that now has a check mark next to it on my list.  Up next are all things quilting bees!  





4 comments:

  1. beautiful idea and pretty fabrics. I congratulate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the wreath, so creative, and honestly I have never seen one before! I made a diaper cake last year, and was so excited and thought it turned out really elegant, but this is equally wonderful and doesn't take up table space! I'm sure the mother to be will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bibs - must make some for my GrandBubby #2 due in five weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh fun! ~ this would be a great idea for a tutorial (hint) ... !
    ~ or did you have one you followed?
    (or maybe you showed directions and i missed it, this is my first time on your blog!)
    ~ love it!

    ReplyDelete