Monday, May 30, 2011

queen bee


Whew!  Projects 2 and 3 have been checked off my list.  June is my month in both the Solids bee and the Sew Fun bee, and I am requesting my fellow bee mates make more spiderweb blocks to go with these ones the awesome ladies of the simply strings bee made for me back in October.  

blocks I received for October-Simply Strings bee


These blocks have been hanging out in my UFO pile for a few months now, just waiting for June to roll around for my month in my other two bees.  Again, I am using this tutorial from Quilt It.  I can't wait to see how all these blocks look together!


Needless to say I will be keeping the post man quite busy (or shall I say the hubs will be keeping the post man busy, as he will be so graciously taking these for me) on Tuesday to mail all these packages out!

In other bee news, and in true procrastination fashion I wanted until the last possible moment to get my May bee blocks completed, so that they could be mailed back to their homes on the absolute last day of May (phew!)


This block is for Alice in the Sew Fun bee.  She asked for any kind of wonky square block (how fun!)  I think this is the wonkiest block I've ever made, and I must say I think I put these blocks off so long because I was slightly intimidated, but I have to say once I started, it was really fun!  


She sent one center fussy cut fabric for us to use and a bunch of random strips to do as we please.  I decided on this wonky log cabin-ish block, and am quite happy with how it turned out!


Lynda, from the Simply Strings bee sent along a paper kite template and lots of pretty bright fabric strips and asked that we string piece the kite template.  I am really excited to see what she does with these blocks and what the quilt will look like!




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blocks! Queen Bee is a lot of work but it's soooo fun when the blocks start to come back home!

    ReplyDelete