Thursday, December 8, 2011

it's the holiday season

lined drawstring bag

I am officially in full on holiday mode here, and checking my to do's off my list one thing at a time.  You all know how much of a sucker I am for a good swap, so when Amy organized the Secret Santa swap over on twitter, I just couldn't resist.  

lined drawstring bag

I put together this lined drawstring bag using Jeni's tutorial, and am absolutely in love with this pattern.  I'm thinking there will be many a Christmas gifts "wrapped" in one of these drawstring bags.  Jeni also has a pattern for this drawstring bag for 7 different sizes as well, I'm thinking I'll need to purchase that pattern!  

lined drawstring bag

Secret intel tells me my partner digs this Merry Main Street Alexander Henry print, so I paired it with some Ready Set Snow by Me and My Sister designs for Moda.  The outer accent red fabric is another Christmas Moda print as well.

lined drawstring bag

Here is my swap package ready to be shipped off tomorrow, hopefully my partner likes!  I used some more Merry Main Street to "wrap" a quilting/sewing book for my partner (which would totally give it away if I showed what it is!) and added a few fat quarters from my stash and 2 holiday pin toppers.

twitter swap package

How is your holiday sewing coming along??


13 comments:

  1. ooh - i just made one of those bags yesterday - and for a secret partner - too easy and looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I'm in love with this bag....and that fabric...WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! I wanted that fabric so bad but didn't get any... Can I be your partner?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE that fabric, now I wish I'd taken part lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very sweet Christmas fabric - I think your partner will like what you have sent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute bag!! I'm planning on making a couple of these, hope it's easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little bag... I am itching to make some drawstring bags this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the fabrics you used! Thanks for your kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just cut out 4 bags from the same main fabric as yours! I'm using a red with white dot for the top and black with white pin dots on the inside. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jessica, my nome is Marcia, I'm from Brazil and fóruns your blog looking combination of colors and lived, you are very creative, congratulates.

    ReplyDelete