Saturday, December 31, 2011

a quilty 2011

It's hard to believe that 2011 has come to a close, but here it is!  I didn't set out at the beginning of 2011 with a list of goals, aside from improving my quilting skills ( how boring, I know). However, I'd say I've done just that, here is this year in pictures:

2011 completed quilts


1. Disappearing 9 Patch Quilt, 2. New Wave Quilt, 3. Mini Stacked Coins Quilt, 4. Central Park baby quilt, 5. Scrappy Rainbow Quilt, 6. Double Wedding Ring Quilt, 7. Chocolate Sanctuary baby quilt, 8. Garden Fence Quilt, 9. Tangled Windows Quilt, 10. Christmas Tree Skirt, 11. deep deep sea baby quilt, 12. Quilt #1 My Favorite Little Quilt Swap, 13. DQS 10 Completed Doll Quilt, 14. DQS 11 quilt top, 15. FTLOS mini quilt, 16. Doll Quilt

Thats nine quilts ten quilts, one tree skirt and five mini quilts.  Now that Bertha and I have become fast friends, I'm hoping 2012 will bring more full size quilts, and perhaps, ahem, a king size quilt just for us. I have one more finish to add to this list, pictures tomorrow!

At the end of 2010 I had just discovered virtual quilting bee land over on Flickr.  I certainly jumped right in with two feet, and I think I am a better quilter because of it.  It certainly made me challenge myself and develop new skills that I may not have tried on my own.  I have decided to become a little more selective in the bee's I participate in in 2012, as I was starting to feel bogged down by "obligations" in bees and swaps, etc.  One of my goals for 2012 is to give myself more time to quilt what I want to quilt, not what I have to quilt.  Here's a look at 2011's bee blocks.

2011 bee blocks

1. pinwheel-ish block, 2. Pinwheel block, 3. November Solid bee block, 4. November Simply Strings bee, 5. Solid Bee-August/Littleloops, 6. 4x5 trial block, 7. Simply Strings for LRStitched, 8. June Simply Strings Block-Valkryie, 9. 3x6 beehive 15, 10. Solid Bee-KateQuilts May, 11. October block for Kelly Solid Bee, 12. trial block, 13. Sew Fun block for Amy, 14. 1st quarter 3x6 bee block , 15. December Simply Strings block for Gwen, 16. January Solid Block Bee for Natalie, 17. December Solid Block Bee for Lynne, 18. Feb. Solids Bee Block for gwenschimek, 19. Feb. Simply Strings Block for flightin, 20. Simply Strings for LRStitched, 21. Solid Bee, 22. 4x5 Hive 14 Q3, 23. Simply Strings September Jonquils and Ladybugs, 24. August Simply Strings Block for SheReads, 25. Sew Fun pinwheel block for Quilt Happie, 26. Solid bee for CNSnow, 27. Simply Strings for LisaJanLovestoQuilt, 28. April blocks for Dustin- Solid Bee, 29. April blocks for Suzy- Simply Strings, 30. beehive 24 2nd quarter for Lynette Russell Designs, 31. 4x5 modern bee - hive 14, 32. beehive 24 2nd quarter for yellow_bee_58, 33. beehive 24 2nd quarter for missplanner, 34. beehive 24 2nd quarter for rebeccasrags, 35. beehive 24 2nd quarter for denawayne, 36. 3 x 6 caretaker swap

I'm really excited for what 2012 has in store, I'm hoping to tackle a few of those abandoned WIPs I seem to have accumulated this year (that means you, postage stamp quilt, spider web blocks and 3x6 bee blocks...), a few more full size quilts, and more quilts with curved piecing!  Within the past year I've also began dabbling in designing my own quilt patterns, and I'd like to keep this going in 2012.  It'll be fun to look back next year at this time, and see if I've done any of these things!  

Here's to a happy and healthy 2012, Happy New Year!





10 comments:

  1. Wow you have produced beautiful quilts and blocks this year. Love your work and I can find so much inspiration in what you have achieved.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great creations from 2011, hope 2012 is as wonderful for you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous eye candy!!! You did a lot of beautiful work in 2011. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your quilts from this year--some of my favorites, for sure! Also, I've been making whirligigs, inspired by yours--have three more to go for my bee! You're invited to join our year-end link party at http://www.craftbuds.com/craft-buds-2011-year-in-review-link-party. Please join us if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! That's a great collection of work! Congratulations. I wish you all the best for 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess, I just love the quilts you did this year - all of them. There are more than a few there that are in my list of fave quilts ever - I have returned to look at time and again and they provided real quilty inspiration to me. Can't wait to see what you do in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful finishes, I love every single one of them! And how lucky am I to actually HAVE one of them on my wall? : ) Happy new year, looking forward to seeing more from you in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, great projects and much accomplished!!! I really love the doll quilt, it is so cheerful and happy. You are a much faster quilter than I am!!!

    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you've achieved a lot of quilting this year. Looking forward to seeing what you make in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that's an amazing collection. I love all the bright colours in your quilts and blocks - they look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete